- spaHere is a beautiful reminder for us to take a moment today to contemplate our planet’s wonders. Happy Earth Day! This photo of the northern lights was taken by Kate Goertzen on April 10, 2016, in Fort Nelson, British Columbia.
- spaAmy Barrett took these photos of the Northern Lights in Golden, BC, on the night of April 13th. Thanks for sharing!
- spaBeautiful aurora as photographed by European Space Agency astronaut Tim Peake on board the International Space Station, with the Canadian Space Agency's Canadarm2 in the foreground.
- spaThe Northern Lights and star trails, photo taken by Jonathan Levert the night of April 12 in the Abitibi region of Quebec.
- spaJake Mills sent us these photos of the aurora over Canmore, Alberta on April 13, 2016. Thanks for sharing!
- spaWhat a beautiful show tonight was! lady aurora exploded several times over the 2 odd hours we spent out at lake Minnewanka. This was one of the first shots i took of the evening capturing a few pillars and the waves and a beautiful reflection oh and a silhouette of a new friend. Looks like i have 30-40 more images upload worthy so hope y'all like aurora Aurora Alerts by Soft Serve News Aurora Borealis Notifications AuroraMAX Alberta Aurora Chasers
- spaALERT ! Observers in YT, NT, NU, AB, SK, MB and northern BC, ON, QC and NL--be on alert for auroras April 12-13! And if you are not lucky enough to live in one of the regions shaded in green, we have good news for you: our livecam is back online! Watch the Northern Lights dance live tonight: http://www.asc-csa.gc.ca/eng/astronomy/auroramax/hd-480.asp
- spaThe view from the International Space Station. Spacecraft traffic? We only see the aurora.... :-)
- spaIf you saw our live broadcast freeze lately, it’s not because of the cold. The AuroraMAX livecam will be offline for a few days while we troubleshoot a technical bug. Until then, please enjoy our video archives for your daily fix of the northern lights: http://www.asc-csa.gc.ca/eng/astronomy/auroramax/gallery-replay.asp Thanks for your patience, and apologies for the inconvenience!
- spaThe Northern Lights in James Bay, photo by Jean-François Girard.
- spaALERT! A moderate (G2) geomagnetic storm is underway. Observers in YT, NT, NU, AB, SK, MB and the northern regions of BC, ON, QC and NL: be on alert for auroras April 2-3! Skywatchers in the Maritimes and Quebec should look to the northeast in the hours after sunset. This alert also extends to Alaska and the central US border states. Happy aurora hunting!
- spaThe aurora and moonlight, as seen from the International Space Station.
- spaALERT! Observers in YT NT NU AB SK MB and northern BC ON QC NL be on alert for auroras March 15-16!
- spaALERT! If you live in a region shaded in green on the map (YT, NT, NU, AB, SK, MB and northern BC, ON, QC, NL), be on alert for auroras tonight, March 11! This alert is also expected to extend to our American friends in Alaska and the central border states. Good luck aurora hunting, and share your pics if you get lucky!
- spaAlert! Observers in YT, NT, NU, AB, SK, MB and northern BC, ON, QC and NL: be on alert for auroras March 6-7! If your area is shaded green on the map, keep an eye on the sky!
- spaThe Northern Lights in James Bay, QC, by Jean-François Girard.
- spaSince the International Space Station orbits the Earth at an average altitude of 370 km, astronauts on board can actually fly through the aurora! Astronauts may have a great view of the aurora, but they also receive higher doses of radiation when they are no longer protected by our atmosphere. Intense solar activity could be dangerous for astronauts, especially during spacewalks. This is why personnel on the ground monitor the Sun very carefully to protect the crew in space.
- spaALERT! Observers in YT, NT, NU, AB, SK, MB and northern BC, ON, QC and NL: be on alert for auroras February 17-18! Areas in green on the map, look up!
- spaThe road less travelled... Dunja Gaco took this dreamy photo last night around 11:00 pm just outside of McClean Lake, SK. Thanks for sharing!
- spaWhat could be more romantic than an evening under the Northern Lights? If you live in the areas shaded in green, there's a solar Valentine headed your way. Lovers of the lights in YT, NT, NU, AB, SK, MB and northern BC, ON, QC and NL, be on alert for auroras February 14-15.!
- spaDid you miss the awesome aurora last night...maybe while watching the Super Bowl? No worries, we have the replay for you (referee not required). Watch live tonight: http://www.asc-csa.gc.ca/eng/astronomy/auroramax/hd-480.asp
- spaThe crew on board the International Space Station have been treated to dazzling aurora recently. Here's another shot posted today by Scott Kelly.
- spaThe aurora borealis, as seen by the crew of the International Space Station.
- spaAuroras from the International Space Station.
- spaJosée Boies was treated to quite a show on January 5 in Chambord (in the Lac Saint-Jean region of Quebec) : the Northern Lights and light pillars, a natural phenomenon that occurs when a light source illuminates ice crystals in the atmosphere.
- spaThe Milky Way on the left, the aurora borealis on the right. Perfect harmony!
- spaMike Fisher took these photos of the Northern Lights at 6 pm on December 31, at Winkler, Manitoba. What a great way to end the year!
- spaAuroras and startrails taken in July 2015 in Quebec.
- spaDaylight has arrived in most of Eastern Canada, but the northern skies in Yellowknife are still dark, and our livecam is still picking up faint aurora from last night's storm. Check it out: http://www.asc-csa.gc.ca/eng/astronomy/auroramax/default.asp
- spaALERT! Observers in YT, NT, NU, AB, SK, MB and northern BC, ON, QC, NL and NB: be on alert for auroras Dec 30-31! If you live in an area shaded green on the map below, you may be in for a treat: natural fireworks for the New Year! This alert is expected to extend to our friends in Alaska and the US border states.
- spaThe majesty and mystery of the aurora inspires many different forms of art, including this work by Nijoel Leman, who was moved by the beauty of Lake Louise to create this piece. Thanks for sharing, Nijoel!
- spaThe AuroraMAX team wishes you joyous holidays filled with peace, love and light.
- spaThe Northern Lights and a Geminid, photo taken last night by Jean-François Girard in Radisson Baie-James, Quebec.
- spaALERT! YT, NT, NU, AB, SK, MB and northern BC, ON, QC, NL and NB--all areas in green on the map below, remain on alert for auroras tonight!
- spaALERT! Observers in YT, NT, NU, AB, SK, MB and northern BC, ON, QC, NL and NB (regions in green on the map)--be on alert for auroras Dec. 18-19! This alert will also include our friends in Alaska and the central US border states.
« Previous 1 2 3 4 5 ... 17 Next »